Note: Some of the topics in today’s episode include mental health and substance abuse, addiction and self harm. I tell you this in advance.
The featured guest on Mile after Mile Podcast episode 102 is Tim Davis, triathlete, ultrarunner and author of the book, Tripolar.
- We get to know Tim and learn about his early life and his start in substance abuse.
- Tim shares his struggles with addiction and recovery.
- Tim shares his mental health diagnosis. Tim shares what a Bipolar diagnosis means.
- Tim shares how he got his start in endurance sports and how they help him maintain his stability.
- We talk about some of the longest endurance events he’s done and some that he hopes to do in the future.
- Tim shares open and honest stories about his sobriety and relapses.
- We talk about staying med-compliant and the stigma of a mental health diagnosis
- We chat about staying motivated and training during the pandemic with fewer races.
- I ask Tim what his favorite format for ultramarathons is.
- Tim has written a book called Tripolar - the story of a Bipolar Triathlete, with more in depth details about his experiences.
Thank you Tim Davis for this open and honest conversation.
You can find Tim and buy the book at www.ultratimdavis.com
You can follow Tim on Instagram @tripolar_tim
You can find him on Twitter @ultratimdavis1
You can email Tim at email@example.com
You can find all the episodes of the Mile after Mile Podcast at www.mileaftermilepodcast.com
You can find the host Amy at www.amysaysso.com